in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia
WHAT we create:
- Books ~ poetry, essay, nature (all hand-set, letterpress printed, and hand-sewn)
- Journals ~ hand-sewn blank books, commonplace books
- Broadsides ~ elegant letterpress printings of single poems
- Posters ~ letterpress printed with wood type
- Prints ~ original block carvings
- Bookmarks ~ featuring literary quotations, letterpress printed
- Coasters ~ featuring famous authors, letterpress printed with wood type
- Plus other items such as postcards, business cards, and gift tags
HOW we create:
- We hand-set each letter of our chosen texts with metal and wood type, then letterpress print with century-old presses (either cranked by hand or treadled by foot).
- In the bindery, we hand-sew books and journals with linen thread.
- For illustrations, linoleum or wood blocks are hand-carved to create relief prints.
WHY we create:
- We have a passion for language and literature, both classic and contemporary, and wish to share it.
- We have a passion for handcraft, for the centuries-old methods of printing with moveable type on human-powered presses.
- We believe in creating and sharing beauty, carefully and attentively, with hands, head, and great heart.
To subscribe to our newsletter posts, click “Follow St Brigid Press” on the sidebar to the right.
To enter the Press Store directly, click HERE.
For the latest Press news, check out the “Recent Posts” on the sidebar to the left; or browse by subject under “Blog Posts By Topic.”
Thank you for visiting St Brigid Press online.
We hope you enjoy your virtual tour of the Press and our letterpress printed items.